What Does a Water Softener Do?
At the heart of a water softener is its ion-exchange resin. The resin consists of microscopic beads, and as the hard water passes through them, they trap the magnesium and calcium ions that are in it, so the water comes out totally soft.
What are the Benefits?
Water treated with a water softener versus untreated hard water has many benefits: Cleaner and shinier silverware, glassware, mirrors, tiles, cars, or any plumbing fixtures. Softer skin and clean, smooth hair. Reduced soap curd makes cleaning easier and reduces housework.
- Saves time. With no scum marks or evaporation stains to clean away, housework is reduced.
- Can save up to 50% of washing powder, soaps, shampoos and conditioners etc.
- Will protect your and increase the life of your system by removing existing scale.
- Saves money on hot water bills – with no scale to heat first. Just 1/16″of scale will cause a loss of efficiency of 12%.
- Rinses away without staining.
- Can help dry skin conditions including eczema.
- Makes laundry brighter and fresher.
- Has a clean silky feeling, and makes bathing a luxury without the need for expensive bath oils etc.
If you are considering installing a Water Softener in your home and would like some professional impartial advice, why don’t you give FloRise a call on 01252 917640 today and see how we can